Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Trust your professionals

You've spent months planning. You've spent plenty of money to find the perfect vendors. You've dreamed of this day your entire life....Trust us!

I recently did a wedding where the bride and groom gave me four cd's and told me to "just play these ne after the other". They were numbered accordingly. The problem with this? Songs that are good to listen to in the car, perhaps when working out, do not translate well to Wedding receptions sometimes. Pantara at a wedding? Ozzy too?

Well, I pride myself on giving the customer what they desire, so after we chatted they told me under no circumstances should I play any songs not on their CD. Well, after dinner when dancing was supposed to start what happened? Well, nothing. The music was abrasive, crude, and simply put-not very good.

Now, it is not my style to complain about a customer. I am simply using this as an example. True wedding professionals know what they are doing. Feel free to make suggestions and tell me your favorite songs and or types of music. Also, tell us what you do not like. Then allow us to worry about the entertainment--you just worry about having a blast at your wedding!

1 comment:

  1. Super very good point. The dance floor was Dead, i was there. And i've seen this DJ in action and if allowed to do so, he would have had the dance floor hopping with this crowd.

    ReplyDelete